Welcome to home page of Dr. Mohammad Talha.
Dr. Talha is an Associate Professor in the School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering (erstwhile School of Engineering) at the Indian Institute of Technology Mandi (IIT-Mandi), India.
Dr. Talha obtained his doctorate from the Department of Aerospace Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT-Kharagpur) in 2012, under the guidance of Professor B N Singh in the area of functionally graded materials and structures. In the doctoral thesis he has studied the nonlinear deterministic and stochastic structural behavior of functionally graded structures based on the modified higher order plate model. Dr. Talha has received the prestigious National doctoral fellowship from the Government of India for doing doctoral degree at IIT Kharagpur. He obtained his Bachelor and Master degree in Mechanical Engineering from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
Dr. Talha's current research interest are in the interdisciplinary area of Computational Solid Mechanics, High Technology Materials and Structures, Structural Dynamics, Porous Structures, Uncertainty Quantification and associated area.
Dr. Talha is also interested in the development of low-cost method to manufacture bio-composite scaffolds for bone tissue engineering applications.
- Associate Professor, IIT Mandi, March 2020-present
- Guest Researcher, UTBM, France, October - December, 2022
- Assistant Professor, IIT Mandi, December 2013- March 2020
- Assistant Professor, International Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Management, Jain University, Bangalore, India: September 2012- December 2013
- Assistant Professor, MA College of Engineering and Technology, Patna, India: February 2007- January 2008
Computational Solid Mechanics, High Technology Materials and Structures, Uncertainty quantification, Structural Dynamics, Porous Structures, Orthopedic Biomechanics, Low-cost Method to Manufacture Bio-composite Scaffolds for Bone Tissue Engineering Applications.
Solid mechanics, Nonlinear Dynamics, Composite Structures, Machine Design, Finite Element method, Modelling and Simulation